Fiber crafter pals: If you’ve been following along on Instagram and Twitter, wondering what in the world I was doing all of those sticks and all of that yarn, the wait is finally over. I reviewed the new Clover Weaving Sticks sets on Craft Test Dummies!
I reviewed the Clover USA Pin ‘n Stow sewing pin holder on Craft Test Dummies!
Since winter CHA, I’ve been working my way through the list of new products from Clover USA, and I’ve finally arrived at the simple, handy Pin ‘n Stow.
The Pin ‘n Stow is exactly what it looks like: an adjustable magnetic bracelet that’s made to hold pins while you’re sewing, quilting, or doing appliqué work.
I always like a straightforward product that does exactly what it’s supposed to do, and does it well, so I was really looking forward to giving the Pin ‘n Stow a try. Here’s what I thought:
What I loved:
1. The Pin ‘n Stow band is a slap bracelet, so it automatically adjusts to the wrist size of the wearer. (If you were a kid—or were around any kids—in the 90s, you’ll remember the slap bracelet craze. This is the same thing, except more comfy.)
2. The magnet in the pin tray causes the pins to align in a position that is perpendicular to the center groove.
3. The center groove is finger tip-sized, making it easy to pick up individual pins …
I reviewed the Nancy’s Hobo Tote Collection Trace ‘n Create Bag Templates from Clover USA on Craft Test Dummies!
At CHA this winter, Clover USA had a ton of exciting new products, but Nancy’s Hobo Tote Collection Trace ‘n Create Bag Template was definitely one of my favorites.
For me, working on this review couldn’t have come at a better time. My current handbags were all starting to look pretty rough, and I really wasn’t looking forward to the nightmare that is purse shopping. So, making my own custom bag with the fabric of my choice was the perfect alternative!
What I loved:
1. The two templates are made with a heavy, yet slightly flexible plastic. They felt solid and were easier to work with than a paper pattern.
2. The instructions contain step-by-step directions and illustrations to keep you on track.
3. The seam allowances are included in the template, so you can just cut and go with no extra measuring required …
My stocking stuffers review for the Clover Seams Right and Clover 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge is up on Craft Test Dummies! (Warning: You’re going to want one of each!)
Craft Product Review: Clover Seams Right and Clover 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge (Stocking Stuffers!)
If you have a sewing enthusiast or fabric crafter on your holiday gift list, you’ll definitely want to stick around! For this review, I tested the Clover 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge and the Clover Seams Right, which are both products from their partnership with Nancy Zieman. I loved trying out both of these tools, and think that they would make wonderful additions to any craft room and great stocking stuffers for the holidays!
What I loved:
1. The two edge measuring system makes it easy and fast to add seam allowances to patterns or mark lines on fabric…
Head on over to Craft Test Dummies to read the full review!